Anushka Sharma Latest Pictures, Latest News and Interview



Ladies vs Ricky Bahl brings back the Band Baaja Baaraat (BBB) team. Isn't that too soon?



We never planned the film to cash in on the success of BBB. It just so happened that director Maneesh Sharma had a script ready and he wanted us (Ranveer Singh and herself) for it.



Since your pairing with Ranveer clicked in a big way, is there pressure to recreate the same chemistry?



We don't take that pressure. Chemistry is not created by actors, it is on paper ' between the characters. Ranveer and I focus on doing our best. We just follow instructions, read our lines and give our best.



How would you appraise your career so far?



People feel that I became a star after my first film, I don't think so. Indeed Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi was a huge launch and I'm fortunate to have had it. It allowed me to not just look pretty but also perform. But there was very little hype about me. I didn't become an overnight star. I didn't go on a spree of signing big banners. There were no magazine covers proclaiming me as the next big thing. Nobody called me the "New It Girl". My recall, for all intents and purposes, will remain Band Baaja Baaraat. All the love and recognition came after it.

Post a Comment Disqus

 
Top